Your comprehensive solution for settlement administration.
Our team assists clients globally across the complex legal administration landscape by providing a full suite of in-house services. With unmatched expertise and resources, we utilize our advanced systems and processes to deliver exceptional results, providing faster distributions, proven accuracy and unrivalled customer service. We have extensive experience in all aspects of claims administration, including developing plans of allocation and testifying on class action procedures and practices in federal and state courts throughout the U.S.
Pre-Settlement Consultation Services
Consulting with our team early in the settlement phase protects counsel, preserves fund assets and streamlines the administration process. Once engaged, our professionals can help design the entire administration, ensuring that the settlement agreement has the most advantageous structure, from notice plan through tax strategy, eliminating post-settlement filings to the court, reducing costs and minimizing the administration timeline.
With accountants and attorneys on staff, we can consult with you on all aspects of the case, including, but not limited to:
- Creating a plan of allocation
- Setting notice and claim timelines
- Establishing processes for data gathering and database design and management
- Designing an effective notice strategy and multi-channel media campaign as needed
- Developing a case-specific website
- Handling of class member claims, including all class member inquiries
Notice Media Campaigns
Our nationally recognized media team provides comprehensive notice media services using high-caliber legal notice solutions that include print, broadcast, digital mobile and social media channels to ensure maximum outreach and court approval. Our program research is based on the unique needs of each case and our superior outreach is rooted in analytics, validated by third parties and highly defensible in court. Importantly, our team actively manages and monitors each media campaign to ensure effectiveness, protect against ad fraud and safeguard brand reputation. Our end-to-end class action notice media services include:
- Consultation: mediation and pre-settlement, plain language, media strategy and implementation
- Class member research: demographics and media use preference
- Notice and outreach: communication, design, implementation and management
- Digital strategy: digital advertising strategy and implementation
- Media planning: negotiation, placement, public relations and reporting
- Social media planning
- Crisis prevention and communications
- Expert testimony
Website and Database Design and Management
We provide sophisticated website and database design services that support each step of the class action claims administration process. Our proprietary technology platform is managed by our in-house IT professionals who develop secure and protected databases, claims administration systems and mobile-responsive websites that meet the special criteria and language preferences for each case. Services include:
- Managing data architecture, integration and management
- Migrating and converting data from multiple sources
- Verifying data integrity and consistency to identify and eliminate errors and false claims
- Conducting extensive performance, load, stress-testing and tuning for high-volume and high-value class action settlements
- Designing and executing complex claims processing applications
- Designing and initiating notification applications
- Optimizing performance across all hardware platforms and operating systems
Advanced Reporting and Transparency
With Kroll Settlement Administration, you’ll never have to wonder about progress in the administration process. As a value-added benefit to our clients, we provide custom, web-based case dashboards for each engagement that offer real-time, secure access to key performance indicators such as the number of notices sent, claims received, and much more.
Real-time Case Statistics Eliminate Activity Update Requests or Waiting for Monthly Status Reports
Dashboard features include:
- Real-time, 24/7 access to case data via the dashboard
- Easy access through a web browser and mobile device
- Highly secure, with granular permission levels
- Improved communication, transparency, and efficiency
- Customization and the ability to request visibility into specific stats based on case needs
- Easy access to critical information being requested for Northern District of California Procedural Guidance for Class Action Settlements and in courts around the country
Strategic Communications and Global Contact Center
Our in-house contact center has the capacity to handle the specific needs of any class action, regulatory remediation, government claims administration or mass tort case. We’ve handled thousands of inbound and outbound calling campaigns for our clients and have the resources and expertise to quickly scale to size. We provide around-the-clock, international and multi-lingual capabilities, with the flexibility to handle more than one million IVR minutes and over 50,000 live operator calls per day. Our contact center can provide clients with:
- Professionally trained live agents to answer case-specific inquiries
- Multi-lingual options with toll-free telephone numbers, allowing cross-country support
- An interactive, automated messaging system with 24/7 access for claimants
- Inbound and outbound email communication
Claims Processing and Analysis
As the cornerstone of the administration process, we take great pride in our ability to develop custom, innovative solutions for our claim administration programs, and our team has the experience, infrastructure, and capabilities to handle projects of any size or complexity. Using industry best practices and advanced quality assurance techniques, we provide outstanding results in a fraction of the standard time.
Settlement Fund Management and Distribution Services
Our professionals are well-versed in all aspects of class action settlement distribution. Our dedicated team verifies the accuracy of award calculations and efficiently distributes the correct amounts to qualifying class members. In addition to traditional disbursement methods for class members such as paper checks, ACH and wire transfers, we offer a wide range of electronic disbursement methods including PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, digital gift cards and vouchers.
Tax and Treasury Services
Our accounting and tax professionals are proficient in managing the taxation of qualified settlement funds and fair funds under Internal Revenue Code section 468(B) and have earned a reputation for cost-efficient, accurate support. We provide secure fund management processes and systems in cases involving disbursements to thousands and even millions of people. Our team has the resources and proven expertise to meet the unique requirements and timeline of any settlement administration plan.
We also serve as class action settlement funds escrow agent, working closely with our banking partners to oversee funds in the billions of dollars and ensure tax compliance. We leverage our longstanding relationships with leading domestic and international financial institutions to offer the most competitive market rates.
Special Master Capabilities
Our experts frequently serve as Special Master, which is a role appointed by the Court to oversee portions of the litigation that otherwise cannot be addressed effectively by a judge or jury. Our leadership team has provided Special Master services for several settlements, including Smith, et al. v. The City of Baltimore, et. al. and In Re: Elk Cross Timbers Decking Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation.