Market-leading solutions for liability management transactions and complex debt restructurings globally.
We have unrivaled experience in debt capital market transactions, and understand the intricacies of dealing with clearing systems and the related information technology requirements involved in communicating the needs of issuers or borrowers to their investors. Lucid Issuer Services is the market leader in providing clear, coherent solutions for liability management transactions and complex debt restructurings globally. With more than 17 years in business, our team assists issuers and borrowers with the implementation of debt restructurings, whether distressed or investment grade.
Our core services include information, tender, exchange, tabulation and identification agent services to the global debt capital markets. With an experienced team of professionals in the Eurozone and Asia, we are the market leader with an unmatched ability to navigate clients and their underlying creditors through any transaction with clarity on approach and pricing. Our clients count on our standards and professionalism—we have been authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority since 2012. Our multilingual staff can assist clients and their investors in many languages and are available during European, Asian and U.S. business hours.
As part of Kroll Business Services, we have joined forces with Prime Clerk, the market-leading restructuring and corporate actions administrator in the U.S., to become the only company with the ability to administer any global restructuring transaction.
Liability Management Transactions
Our turnkey solution for exchange offers, tender offers and consent solicitations fosters a seamless and successful transaction. Our services include:
- Assisting legal counsel with drafting procedures in any offer/consent documentation
- Acting as information agent and a central point of contact for all investors and intermediaries
- Providing a dedicated online platform to distribute documentation
- Communicating terms of the event to back office personnel at all major custodians and brokers
- Coordinating the delivery of new securities and cash to investors
- Arranging newspaper and stock exchange publications
- Tabulating instructions and reporting on both information flow and acceptance levels
- Preparing all necessary certificates and confirmations for trustees, agents and depositaries
- Supervising the settlement process
- Arranging cancellation or transfer of securities accepted
Complex Debt Restructurings
Clients rely on us to deliver high-quality, comprehensive services for their debt restructurings. In these types of transactions, our work typically includes the following:
- Assisting legal counsel with the restructuring mechanics and drafting of any documentation
- Acting as information agent and a central point of contact for all investors and intermediaries across all asset classes (bonds, loans, trade creditors claims, equity instruments)
- Authenticating all claims made by investors via the clearing systems, facility agents and registrars, as applicable
- Conducting an investor identification exercise in advance of the launch of the restructuring
- Coordinating a communication plan for the terms of the restructuring to back office personnel at major asset managers, custodians and brokers, as applicable
- Preparing an allocation model for approval by the client and its financial advisors
- Managing the standstill or lock-up process on behalf of the client and any ad hoc committees
- Proactively supporting the restructuring effort by chasing down locked-up holders
- Providing a secure online platform for investors to submit restructuring paperwork
- Tabulating and process investor feedback
- Providing participating investors with a detailed breakdown of consideration due to them on the restructuring effective date
- Acting as escrow agent for any new money facilities and designing procedures to ensure a smooth settlement
- Acting as holding period trustee to distribute any unclaimed entitlements
Why Choose Lucid Issuer Services
Planning. Commitment. Execution.
We understand that each event is different, which is why we leverage our industry experts and best-in-class technology to provide clients with proactive and bespoke end-to-end services. With our agile approach, unrivaled experience and regulatory authority, we are uniquely positioned to provide issuers and borrowers with comprehensive solutions that promote maximum participation in any transaction.
Recognized Market Leader
We have acted in various capacities on many of the largest and most complex financial restructurings in the market, and are consistently ranked number one in Europe by Bloomberg. We have grown organically over the years to also become a preferred provider in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia. Our services have no geographical boundaries and our clients know they can depend on our expertise, experience and execution standards whenever, wherever and whatever may be required.
Global Deal Management Expertise with Regulatory Authority
Our team has managed more than 2,000 deals across all market sectors globally. We provide tailored consulting on the practicalities and technicalities of dealing with the International Central Securities Depositaries, Euroclear Bank and Clearstream Banking, as well as local depositories such as DTC, Clearstream Frankfurt, SIX SIS, Iberclear, Interbolsa and many more.
In partnership with Prime Clerk, we are the only company with the ability to administer any global restructuring transaction, backed by the leading teams in the industry. Unlike other agents, Lucid Issuer Services is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This umbrella provides further validation of our standards and professionalism.
Most Experienced Team of Debt Securities Experts
Our curated team of industry leaders bring unique expertise to the practice and our clients. Combined, we have decades of experience in debt capital markets, clearing systems and the information technology requirements involved with communicating the needs of issuers and borrowers to their investors.
Superior Reputation with Advanced Communication Processes
We understand the complexities around communicating with investors. For this reason, we have established an outstanding reputation with all major brokers and custodians worldwide. Upon launch of any transaction, we proactively contact these entities to ensure they are aware of the transaction and how to respond in a timely fashion. Throughout the project, our team provides dedicated telephone and email support and answers any questions which eligible investors, brokers and custodians may have.
Unrivaled Data Security and Technology
Through our industry experts, our innovative, proprietary technology platforms, and our unrivaled data security measures, we drive accuracy, efficiency and cost savings while providing unlimited scalability. Our clients can have the utmost confidence when working with us on their most complex and sensitive matters. Learn more about our data security and technology.
Lucid Issuer Services Limited is registered in England and Wales as private limited company with a number 05098454 and office address: The Shard, 32 London Bridge Street, London, England, SE1 9SG. Lucid Issuer Services Limited is authorized and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority with firm reference number 548041.Lucid Issuer Services Limited - Remuneration Disclosure. Lucid Issuer Services Limited - Pillar 3 Risk Disclosure.