Our team of industry experts serves as commercial agent or trustee in all manner of private and public infrastructure and project financings.
In Europe and the United States, the infrastructure finance markets have benefitted greatly from the services of independent agents who are able to work alongside banks as well as investors from the pension, insurance and private credit communities. Our team serves as agent and/or trustee to many multi-creditor structures and acts as a common security agent for all investors, as well as paying agent and registrar for notes which sit alongside bank facilities. Working with all stakeholders, we have earned a reputation for providing fast and efficient administration services. This is especially important in infrastructure and project financing since engagements involve a higher level of debt service management, exchanging of information, and proposals under documents such as STIDs and intercreditor agreements.
When working with infrastructure funds, it is often advantageous to provide an escrow account to facilitate the smooth receipt and onward disbursement of money from what can be a large number of individual funds administered from different time-zones and utilizing the services of a variety of custodians and banks. Our agency and trustee services team can quickly establish escrow accounts and assign a dedicated team to oversee closings and monitor funding. We proactively work with all stakeholders to keep them updated and send the required confirmations so that legal counsel and their clients can quickly and efficiently proceed to closing.
By choosing to work with Lucid Agency and Trustee Services, borrowers, sponsors and legal counsel will benefit from a well-organized and efficient process. We are always available to review and sign off on finance documentation in short order and post-closing. Our team will ensure the swift processing of all information exchanges, any consents/waivers and any trades between lenders.
Clients choose Lucid to serve as commercial agent or trustee in all manner of private and public infrastructure and project financings, including the following steps and services:
- Mandate Discussion – We will work closely with advisors, creditors and their legal representatives to define and facilitate our role in the transaction.
- Fee Proposal – We provide committed fees on the same day of inquiry, and always within a 24-hour timeframe.
- Team Allocation – Upon engagement, we will assign dedicated transaction management, execution and KYC onboarding staff to the engagement to begin work immediately.
- Documentation Review – Alongside legal counsel, we review all finance documents. With our depth of experience acting as the agent and/or trustee on hundreds of transactions, our review process is fast and efficient, ensuring our comments are focused and commercial in nature.
- Closing Funds Flow – We quickly establish escrow accounts and assign a dedicated team to oversee closings and monitor funding. Our team works will all parties to keep them updated every step of the way and sends the required confirmations so that legal counsel and their clients can quickly and efficiently proceed to closing.
- Post Appointment – Our team performs the administrative and operational functions of the agent and/or trustee ensuring complete satisfaction for the company and creditor group(s).
- Lender/Loan Positions – We will update our system of record with lender commitments, loan drawings and interest accruals. We also calculate and notify parties of amounts due under the financing and receive the amounts due from the borrower and distribute to the parties. We will always quickly process the transfer of positions between lenders.
- Ongoing Administration – We monitor compliance with the terms and conditions of the financing, and manage requests for waivers, amendments and other consents–coordinating with all principals and ensuring financial information and other deliverables are distributed among the parties.
- Holding Security – We hold pledges of security on behalf of all creditor groups and retain accurate records of all documentation held, often held on site at our offices. Our team acts efficiently upon the release or further pledge of additional security and works closely with legal counsel post-closing to accede guarantors and/or additional borrowers to the financing.
Available to Support Your Project and Infrastructure Finance Administration Needs
Our team of industry experts serves as commercial agent or trustee in all manner of private and public infrastructure and project financings. Contact us today for a free consultation.